In the bustling urban landscapes of India, where life moves at an exhilarating pace, there is an often overlooked aspect that silently flows beneath our feet – domestic sewage. As our cities grow, so does the volume of sewage we produce. It’s an issue that demands immediate attention, and Daiki Axis India is leading towards a sustainable, pollution-free environment with its advanced Johkasou Packaged STP solutions.
Before delving into the transformative role that Daiki Axis India plays in sewage treatment, let’s first unpack the domestic sewage scenario in India.
The Grim Reality
India is known for its rich culture and diverse landscapes but faces severe challenges in managing domestic sewage. According to the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), India generates approximately 62,000 million liters of sewage per day (MLD). Shockingly, only 37% of this sewage receives any treatment form, leaving the rest to contaminate our water bodies and soil.
Accordingly, CPCB has assessed present sewage generation based on India’s urban population and projected the population for 2020 considering the growth rate from 2001 to 2011 and water supply @185lpcd. The rate of sewage generation is 80% of the water supply.
Health Hazards and Environmental Impact
This staggering amount of untreated sewage poses grave health risks and wreaks havoc on our environment. Diseases like cholera, typhoid, and hepatitis thrive in contaminated water. Moreover, our rivers, lakes, and groundwater are being polluted, leading to a hazardous cocktail of chemicals and pathogens.
Daiki Axis India: A Driving Force
In this bleak scenario, Daiki Axis India emerges as a champion of change. This water reclamation and sewage treatment company is committed to making a difference. Their core belief? Water is a precious resource, and a pollution-free environment is everyone’s right.
The Johkasou Revolution
One of Daiki Axis India’s flagship innovations is the ‘Johkasou‘ sewage treatment system. It is derived from the Japanese words ‘johka’ (purification) and ‘sou’ (tank). The Johkasou system represents a modern and unconventional approach to domestic sewage treatment.
How Johkasou Works?
Johkasou is a decentralized, compact sewage treatment system that can be installed in residential, commercial, and industrial areas. It is designed to treat sewage at the source, eliminating the need for extensive and costly centralized treatment plants. Here’s how it works:
- Separation Box/Sedimentation Chamber:
- Wastewater enters the Johkasou system and is directed to a separation box or sedimentation chamber.
- In this initial stage, solid particles and heavier materials in the wastewater settle to the bottom due to gravity, forming a sludge layer.
- Anaerobic Filter Chamber:
- From the sedimentation chamber, the clarified water moves into the anaerobic filter chamber.
- In this chamber, anaerobic bacteria break down organic matter present in the wastewater.
- Moving Bed Chamber:
- After the anaerobic treatment, the wastewater then flows into the moving bed chamber.
- Sedimentation Chamber (Secondary):
- Subsequently, the water moves into a secondary sedimentation chamber.
- In this chamber, any remaining fine particles or solids settle down, further improving water quality.
- Disinfection Chamber:
- Finally, the treated water is directed into the disinfection chamber.
- This chamber is responsible for eliminating harmful pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, through disinfection methods.
- The disinfected or treated water is then considered safe for discharge or reuse.
The Johkasou wastewater treatment system follows this step-by-step process to efficiently treat wastewater, ensuring it meets the required environmental and health standards before being released or reused.
Advantages of Johkasou
- Efficiency: Johkasou systems are highly efficient, treating sewage to stringent standards.
- Space-Saving: Their compact design makes them ideal for urban environments with limited space.
- Environmental Benefits: Johkasou systems significantly reduce pollution, helping protect India’s precious water resources.
- Cost-Effective: With lower installation and operational costs compared to centralized systems, Johkasou is a cost-effective solution.
Daiki Axis India: Numbers That Matter
- Installation Reach: Daiki Axis India operates in major Indian cities with offices and partners. They’ve installed decentralized water recycling systems in multiple cities and over 600+ sites.
- Water Reuse: The treated water can be safely reused for non-potable purposes, conserving freshwater resources.
- CO2 Reduction: By eliminating the need for extensive sewage transportation and centralized treatment, Daiki Axis India has helped reduce CO2 emissions significantly.
The Path Forward
Daiki Axis India’s dedication to a pollution-free environment and the reusability of water is not just a corporate slogan; it’s a mission to change the face of sewage treatment in India. They are treating sewage and raising awareness about the need for sustainable practices by focusing on decentralized solutions like Johkasou.
Domestic sewage is a significant challenge in India. However, Daiki Axis India is leading the way with its innovative sewage treatment solutions. The Johkasou system is a testament to their commitment to a pollution-free environment and water reusability. As India grapples with its sewage problem, companies like Daiki Axis India provide hope for a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable future. It’s time for India to embrace these solutions and make a collective effort to safeguard our environment. After all, every drop counts, and so does every effort towards a pollution-free India.